Simply ordinary observations from an ordinary person - sometimes having to do with health care issues, sometimes not. Topics will change as my attention wanders. Yours probably will too....

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Backyard Orgy


Yeah Baby! I might not be blogging this weekend if the peaches are ready to pick - my fingers will be too sticky from fresh peach juice! I only have one little tree in the backyard but it produces amazing fruit, with absolutely no help from me. Last year I made 1 cobbler, 3 pies, froze 10 quart bags, and canned 16 pints of peach slices in spicy-rum sauce. That was in addition to the bowls I ate with yogurt, cream or ice cream and the bags I gave away to friends. The crop this year isn't quite as large, but there's still enough for a backyard peach orgy. Yum Yum.

1 comment:

SeaSpray said...

It's so wonderful eating fresh fruit and vegetables that grow on your own property! :)