Simply ordinary observations from an ordinary person - sometimes having to do with health care issues, sometimes not. Topics will change as my attention wanders. Yours probably will too....

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Vacation Farewell

Yesterday I was driving on Scenic Route Hwy 230 through central Oregon alongside the Rogue river. It's a beautiful route lined with Douglas Fir, Ponderosa Pines, and small state parks and campgrounds. As I passed through Farewell Bend, one of those parks, I glanced at the parking lot. There, parked parallel to the road, in between 2 large R.V.'s was a Batesville casket delivery truck. I'm not making this up. There was an actual casket truck parked in the Farewell Bend campground! WTH?? It's not like there are any funeral homes nearby - in fact, it would take about 2 hours of driving from that spot to reach one. Perhaps the drivers' GPS system failed and he felt Farewell Bend was an appropriate place to stop and get directions. Whatever. I didn't want to turn around to get a picture, but how weird is that? Another great vacation memory!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is weird! Maybe he was lost! LOL!