Simply ordinary observations from an ordinary person - sometimes having to do with health care issues, sometimes not. Topics will change as my attention wanders. Yours probably will too....

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Good Vibes

According to my latest DEXA bone density scan, I'm in danger of becoming a spineless wimp. It seems my osteoclasts are more active than my osteoblasts, or the demolition crew is more efficient than the construction crew. Something like that. The result is that I now get to sit and stand on a vibration massage pad for 15-20 minutes per day, much to my amusement. It's perfect for blogggggiiiinnnnnggggg! And I've been entertaining my women friends with the statement that, "My doctor told me to go buy a vibrator." That's been good for about 3 days of laughing.

I believe someone famous said that it takes courage to grow old. I would add courage and a sense of humor. In the end of course, I will lose the battle anyway but if I keep on with the good vibrations, at least I'll go down with strong bones.

No comments: